Thursday, December 6, 2012

Charity Link Round-up page

Check out my new list of charities that I feel confident don't include prosletyzing in their work.

I didn't list secular charities like Freedom From Religion Foundation, because there are lots of lists like that on the web.  There's so much begging for charity money this time of year I decided to look into which ones I would want to donate to... assuming I had disposable income.

Feedback & suggestions welcome, though if you have a boatload of criticisms or ideas of how I could do it better if I had another thirty or so hours to spend, then do it yourself and send me the link.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

I would add Room to Read. Also, I have a friend (who is also an atheist that is fed up with the lack of transparency and overt proselytizing in most charities) who is starting a charity in Nepal and India. It's going to be called the See Change Foundation. He's been doing stuff over there for years, but he just decided to make it an official organization. I don't think he even has a website yet, but he's working on a logo. I'll come back and post a link to it when his site is up and running.