Friday, August 19, 2011

Yet another Facebook funny

This was out of the blue from an old college pal who was very much not a mormon during college:

I believe in Jesus Christ.
I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and grateful for it's teachings!
One Facebooker has challenged all believers to put this on their wall. The bible says, if you deny Me in front of your peers, I will deny you in front of My Father.
Re-post if you're a believer.
Note, they don't capitalize "bible" or give credit to the speaker.  Note also, "it's"  grrrrr  If you're going to demand that people repost your post, it should at least have correct grammar!

Apparently Facebook is now the place for shouting from the rooftops what a great Christian you are.  Does Jesus have a Facebook account?  Is he keeping track of whether people repost this drivel?  Really?  Does he have that kind of time?

Maybe that's why babies are still dying and tornadoes whip through Christian communities.  Jesus should get off of Facebook and start answering prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe anti-theists should shut their fucking pieholes and get out there and help their fellow man, rather than sit on their fat asses behind their bosses' computers on their bosses' time and snipe at God and Christians, eh, LA?

Avicenna said...

I help my fellow man. I feed 6 people a week and I give people the gift of time.

Anonymous said...

I'm the boss, it's my time to waste, Babe.

ex-minister1 said...

Looking at gideon's website I think he should follow his own advise. It is one rag on atheists.